Invisalign® Offers Subtle, Effective Orthodontic Care
If you suffer from dental misalignment, you may benefit from Invisalign® at our Orlando practice. This innovative orthodontic treatment uses custom-crafted clear aligner trays to straighten your teeth and improve your smile. Dr. James Magee III is especially pleased to offer this treatment because of the immense benefits it can have for your overall oral health. Contact Clifford Family Dentistry today to learn more about Invisalign® and to find out if it is right for you.
What Is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is a trusted orthodontic treatment. In most cases, it offers comparable results to traditional braces. However, instead of using metal brackets and wires, the treatment employs clear aligner trays. Made of smooth, BPA-free plastic, the trays are comfortable and virtually invisible. If you choose Invisalign® at our Orlando practice, Dr. Magee will take impressions of your teeth. He will send these measurements to an Invisalign® lab, where technicians will fabricate aligners made specifically for you. Each tray will be shaped slightly differently, and you will switch to a new tray approximately every two weeks. As you progress through the series, your teeth will gradually move into straighter and healthier positions. Invisalign® treatment typically takes 9 to 18 months. However, the exact timeframe varies for each patient.
Is Invisalign® Right for You?
If you are a teen or an adult who desires a straighter smile and improved dental health, Invisalign® may be right for you.
Dr. Magee often uses this treatment to make cosmetic enhancements. However, the aligner trays can also correct more extensive forms of misalignment. These conditions include:
- Open bites
Note that if you have severe misalignment, Invisalign® may not be the optimal treatment for you. Dr. Magee will thoroughly examine your dental health to determine the right option for your smile.
The Benefits of Invisalign®
There are a number of reasons to consider state-of-the-art Invisalign®. The benefits of this treatment include:
- Subtlety: As stated above, Invisalign® trays are extremely discreet. Most people will not notice you are wearing an aligner, even when they are standing close to you.
- Comfort: Metal braces typically exert a strong force on your teeth, and the brackets can irritate your soft tissues. Invisalign® aligners are smooth. They also use a gentler force to straighten your smile.
- Convenience: Because you can remove the aligners, you can continue to enjoy all of your favorite foods. You will also need fewer dental appointments than you would with traditional braces.
- Dental hygiene: With removable aligners, you will be able to brush and floss more thoroughly. Therefore, you are less likely to experience dental decay and discoloration.
- Oral health: Straighter teeth do not only improve your smile. They can also reduce your risk for decay, bruxism, TMJ Disorder, missing teeth, and more.
- Self-confidence: With your clear aligner trays and your subsequently straighter teeth, you can smile and laugh without embarrassment.
Schedule a Consultation
With an office in Orlando, we proudly serve Altamonte Springs, Casselberry, Lake Mary, Longwood, and the greater Orlando area. If you want to enjoy a straighter smile without the hassle and discomfort of metal braces, contact us today to learn more about Invisalign®. This consultation appointment is free, and we offer a $750 price reduction for complete Invisalign treatment.
For a textbook definition on invisalign, read this article.