Hybrid (All-on-4) Dentures
Hybrid (All-on-4) Dentures are a fixed alternative to full dentures. They are called “All-on-4” because edentulous patients can have an upper or lower full overdenture fixed on as few as four dental implants. This is an especially desirable type of denture for the lower jaw where a traditional full denture has less adhesion and the tongue easily dislodges it.
A benefit of a hybrid denture, compared to traditional dentures, is the reduction of bone loss where the implants are placed, making the procedure more successful in the long run and helping to preserve facial structural integrity. Many times, bone enhancement procedures such as a sinus lift or alveolar bone graft are not needed prior to all-on-4 treatment.
Dr. James Magee is proud to provide this latest in dental implant treatments for patients who have lost all of their teeth on the upper or lower arch.
“If you are missing all of your natural teeth on an upper or lower arch, an overdenture fixed on dental implants can completely restore natural function and appearance,” says Dr. Magee. “When a full denture (including prosthetic teeth and gum tissue) completely covers the alveolar ridge and is firmly anchored to the jaw with dental implants, it can only be removed by a dentist. All slippage is eliminated. Unlike a removable upper overdenture, an upper hybrid denture does not cover the palate of the mouth. Patients are delighted to be able to taste and enjoy their food once their upper overdenture is fixed in place. Patients who have struggled with a removable lower overdenture frequently slipping and becoming dislodged when speaking and eating will be amazed at the quality of life they regain when this denture movement is eliminated.”
An upper or lower hybrid denture can be supported and fixed on as few as four dental implants, although sometimes more are needed. Dr. Magee will design treatment with the minimal number of implants that will provide predictable, long-lasting results for your mouth.
Fixing a custom overdenture on implants has many benefits.
Hybrid dentures are today’s highest standard of care for edentulous patients. Dr. James Magee uses dental implants and components that have been clinically proven by some of the most thorough and in-depth research in the industry.
The Benefits of Orlando Hybrid Dentures:
- The dental implants used in this treatment actually preserve your jawbone quality and bone density. If you do not replace missing teeth or if you wear a removable denture, your bone will atrophy, and your facial structure will change, taking on a more aged appearance.
- Gum tissue irritation that occurs when dentures slip or when they no longer fit well will be eliminated. The reason removable dentures become less well fitting over time is because the underlying bone atrophies and your gum tissue changes to conform to the bone.
- Hybrid dentures are so stable they feel and function like natural teeth. The strength of your bite will be so increased that you can eat all of your favorite foods.
- You will no longer need to use messy creams or adhesives to secure your denture in place.
- Your health will improve as you drink more water without fear of loosening your denture and as you eat the full range of nutritious foods.
- You will be able to clean your hybrid denture like natural teeth. Just brush and floss.
- Research has demonstrated that, with proper care, overdentures that are supported and fixed on implants can last up to ten years. In contrast, removable overdentures typically need to be relined and remade more often.
What to Expect when Getting a Hybrid Denture
After an initial consultation to determine if the All-on-4 treatment is right for you. Impressions of your mouth will be made, and Dr. Magee will work with his expert dental lab to prepare your custom hybrid overdenture. For most patients, bone enhancement procedures will not be required prior to receiving implants. For them, the All-on-4 treatment can be accomplished at the second appointment. A few as four (and for some patients more) implants will be placed in your jawbone, and your custom overdenture will be fixed on the implants all in the same visit. After this appointment, you will be able to eat the same day, be advised to brush and floss your new teeth at least twice daily, and have regular check-ups and cleanings in our office. Your hybrid denture will look and act like real teeth.
Dr. Magee offers a complimentary consultation for replacing missing teeth with implant treatment.
A restored mouth will improve the quality of your life, and perhaps, add years to your life through better health and nutrition.
If you are missing one or more teeth—or even all of your teeth on your upper and/or lower arch, you owe it to yourself to explore today’s highest standard of care. Call us today for your free dental implant treatment consultation. If you are missing all of your teeth or will soon lose all of your teeth on an upper or lower arch, Dr. Magee will evaluate you for a Hybrid (All-on-4) Denture.
Our friendly team strives to make every visit a wonderful experience. We’ll fully discuss our fees, help you learn about your dental benefits if you have a dental plan, offer you payment options, and explain no-interest 12-month financing for up to 12 months through Care Credit.