Permanently Restore Your Smile with Dental Implants
In the past, individuals with missing teeth struggled with ill-fitting, unnatural restorations. Today, removable replacement teeth look and feel more lifelike than ever. However, for the ultimate in stability and esthetics, consider dental implants at our Orlando practice. These small titanium posts rest in your jawbone, where they can support permanent restorations. Dr. James Magee III is especially proud to offer this treatment because of the enormous benefits it can have for your long-term oral health. Contact Clifford Family Dentistry today to learn more about this state-of-the-art treatment and to find out if it is right for you.
What are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a tiny, biocompatible titanium screw. Dr. Magee will surgically place the implant in your jawbone. He will use gentle techniques and effective local anesthesia, so you should experience little to no discomfort during this procedure. Over the next four to six months, your bone and soft gum tissues will heal around the post. Thanks to this process, known as osseointegration, the implant will become a permanent part of your mouth. When your tissues have healed, Dr. Magee will attach an abutment piece and a custom-made crown. Like a traditional crown, your restoration will be carefully crafted to blend with your smile.
Dental Implants Candidates
If you are missing one or more teeth, and you desire a lifelike, permanent replacement, you may be a good candidate for dental implants at our Winter Springs implant dentist. Because the posts go directly in your jawbone, it is essential that you have enough bone volume to support the restorations. Unfortunately, bone recession is a common side effect of tooth loss. Therefore, Dr. Magee will carefully examine your jawbone to determine your candidacy for implants. If he decides that implants are right for you, our digital x-rays and 3-D imaging will also allow him to plan out the right placement for the posts.
Why Choose Dental Implants?
With so many lifelike restorative treatments to choose from, selecting the right one can be a challenge. However, there are a number of reasons that dental implants may be the ideal treatment for you.
- Dental implants will never slip out of place.
- With proper care, your restorations could last the rest of your life.
- To maintain your implants, you will simply need to practice proper dental hygiene and schedule biannual check-ups.
- Implant-supported restorations will sit immediately on your gum line. They will also be crafted to match your smile. Therefore, they will be virtually indistinguishable from natural teeth.
- Dental implants are the only restorative treatment that can prevent jawbone recession. The posts actually replace your dental roots. Therefore, they can send out the necessary signals to stimulate bone growth.
- Dental implants are more affordable than many patients realize, and alternative treatments such as dental bridges commonly need to be redone due to less stability and more wear, thus cost more over the years. Read more about what dental implants cost.
If you are missing teeth, you deserve top-quality dental care. Contact our office to learn more about dental implants and how they can benefit you. Our dental implant consultation is free, and you will receive free in-office laser teeth whitening after completion of your dental implant treatment. Dr. Magee offers advanced dental implants to patients in Winter Park, Orlando, Casselberry, Longwood, Lake Mary, Altamonte Springs, and the surrounding areas.
For a textbook definition of dental implants, read this article.