Dental Crowns and Bridges Made to Match Your Smile
At Clifford Family Dentistry, we proudly offer lifelike dental crowns and bridges to our Orlando-area patients. Custom-made crowns can restore damaged teeth, and bridges can replace those that are missing. Dr. James Magee III offers highly lifelike crowns and bridges made from the most advanced materials. He will also use our cutting-edge imaging technology to provide restorations that blend seamlessly with your smile. To learn more about dental crowns and bridges, contact our Winter Park practice today.
What Is a Orlando Dental Crown?
A Orlando dental crown is a full-coverage restoration. Made to look like your surrounding teeth, Dr. Magee will place this cap right on top of a damaged tooth. The dentist may recommend a Orlando dental crown to perform a variety of functions, including:
- Strengthening weakened teeth
- Covering large cavities that are too large for fillings
- Restoring cracked or eroded teeth
- Enhancing irregularly shaped or proportionately small teeth
- Restoring proper bite balance
- Concealing severe cosmetic flaws
To place a crown, Dr. Magee will reshape your tooth. As he trims away a conservative amount of material, he will create a strong base for the restoration. Then he will take impressions and photos of your teeth to send to a dental lab. He will also attach a temporary crown as you wait for your final restoration. After the lab has created a crown that matches your smile, Dr. Magee will attach the restoration using dental cement. Typically, you will enjoy full dental function after this second visit.
Alternatively, you might select an implant-supported crown. A dental implant can replace a missing tooth by supporting a stable, permanent restoration. The benefits of a dental implant are so great that dental implants have become the gold standard of care today for missing and, many times, badly damaged teeth. Please read about dental implants and discuss your options with Dr. Magee. He will only recommend treatment options that are in your best interest.
If you need a root canal to treat diseased tooth roots prior to the placement of your crown, Dr. Magee will perform this procedure right in his own office. There will be no need to go elsewhere. This is just one of the many advantages of choosing Dr. Magee to be your dentist.
What is a Winter Springs Dental Bridge?
A Winter Springs dental bridge can replace one or more missing teeth, literally “bridging the gap” in your smile. To place a bridge, Dr. Magee will crown the two teeth flanking this space. The two crowns will support the full restoration. Like crowns, your bridge will be carefully crafted to fit your mouth. Dr. Magee will work hard to protect your healthy bite alignment, as well as the appearance of your smile.
Both crowns and bridges are available in a range of materials. At your consultation, Dr. Magee will help you choose the right material for your aesthetic goals, health needs, and budget. Your choices include:
- Metal: Sliver, gold, and other metals can make extremely durable restorations. However, your new teeth will not blend in with your smile.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal: PFM crowns have great longevity, and the outer shell can be color-matched to your natural teeth. However, the dark metal may eventually start to show through.
- Porcelain: Porcelain is the most lifelike restorative material. It comes in range of shades, and Dr. Magee will select the one that is a near-perfect match to your smile. In addition, advanced forms of porcelain are virtually as strong as metal.
Restore Your Smile Today
Come benefit from our commitment to quality and personalized care. Contact Clifford Family Dentistry today to learn more about crowns and bridges and to schedule your initial consultation. We are located in Winter Park, and we proudly serve patients in Longwood, Casselberry, Lake Mary, Altamonte Park, and the greater Orlando area.